In order to show you have learned from the training, you must also complete all 4 missions. These may sound like massive tasks but if you are taking an active role in your section then you might have completed them already!
Below it explains what you have to do to complete this mission as well as how to get it signed off.
What you have to do
Take the section’s programme ideas to a programme planning meeting.
This mission should include:
1. asking the young people in the section to contribute their ideas to the programme
2. capturing the ideas and suggestions from the young people and exploring how these could be incorporated into their programme
3. attending and contributing to a meeting (e.g. programme planning meeting, leaders’ meeting, District, County/Region or Area meeting)
To complete this mission, you could:
o attend a section planning meeting
o plan and run a meeting (e.g. section planning forum or running activities from the YouShape resources)
o decide who should attend a meeting and invite them along
o organise and run a forum for the young people in your section, gathering their ideas and suggestions, and feeding these back to the section leader
o organise for someone to take notes, minutes or points of action
o plan and run the Sixers’ or Patrol Leaders’ forum, ensuring that the young people in the section understand how they can input their ideas into the section programme
…any other ideas, subject to agreement with the ESLYL and SL. This could be done in a virtual meeting too!
To show you have completed these tasks we ask you to write a little bit about your experience on the Mission 3 page of your logbook and photograph it. If you don’t have a logbook then please write an answer to each of the following questions:
1. What did you do to gather ideas from the young people? What did you want to achieve?
2. How did you turn those ideas into action and feedback the information?
3. What did you learn from this task? Why do you involve young people in programme planning?
4. What would you do differently next time?
Once you have done this, you should follow the process below.
Make sure you are confident with having completed this mission. If there are any parts you are unsure of, you can contact your District Explorer Scout Leader (Young Leaders).
You should now click ‘Complete Mission Three’ and email all your activity evidence.